Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Howizter-UI-2008-V2.4

EDIT: UI Uploaded 3/30/08 READ INSTRUCTIONS BELOW!

NOTE: Do not mash update all your mods with this UI. Be selective. You do NOT need to update anything beyond the following mods via WoWAceUpdater.exe: Omen, Threat, Enhancer, Grid, Recount, Bongos, All Fubar-related add-ons, BigWigs. Thats it! Do not bother updating Discord, Chaman2, eePanels, or any other mods.

(Before you begin)
    Download Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (you need this to run WOWaceupdater later.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Download WoWAceUpdater: (Run this great program to update all your ACE2 mods included without ever having
    to visit curse or another mod site again!)
    WowAceUpdater

The UI itself is a compilation of ACE2 mods just mixed around and reconfigured to my own dabbling for clean, efficient, low memory-use, and overall “sleek” look. The DEFAULT UI settings are for 1680x1050 widescreen, please remember that.

I will use this post to update any uploads in the future with different resolution default settings as well as changes…

UI download at this URL:
    HowitzerUI_2008-V1.rar - FileFront.com

Again, remember the UI is set for 1680x1050 widescreen. If you run anything other than that you'll have to mess with the mods to reconfigure sizing, (DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP).

Since they are all ACE2 mods you can customize them easily by holding down ALT and right clicking on the mod bar itself. This should bring up a menu that will allow you to change settings. Because the saved variables folder is set for 1680x1050 you'll notice that things are out of place, this is normal. You will have to take a little time to tweak things if you run at a lower-res.

However, you do have FuBar at the top with a mod installed called Deuce Commander. This drop down menu will give you access to every single mod installed and an easy way to configure. My modpack doesn't include pre-set resolutions as I only uploaded it "as-is" due to a lot of requests. But as of right now, you're going to have to learn how to use the menus to tweak the settings on your own.

This UI used Bongos for action bars. When you first load the UI they will be out of place. You need to left click the bongos icon in the upper left hand corner and load the profile and it will load all the buttons to the correct places.

ACE2 Mods are VERY customizable! You can take this UI and mold it in many, many different ways to suit your own taste. Use my UI as a template to give you ideas on how to create your own custom interface, its very easy if you give it a little time to learn the simplistic menu system of ACE2 Deuce Commander.

Installation Instructions:

All folders are sorted according to where they must be placed in your main WOW directory.

1) Before you begin, back up all of your WTF and Interface folder

2) Remove the WTF folder and the Interface folder from the main WOW directory.

3) Place the HowitzerUI WTF and Interface folders into your WOW directory.

4) Rename the folders inside the WTF file to match your ACCOUNT >>> SERVER >>> CHARACTER'S NAME.

5) Log in and enjoy.

Mods:
    Last edited by Howitzer; 03-31-2008 at 04:11 PM.

should include a pic of my gay arabic ass in your UI cuz I'm that sexy imo.
    Last edited by Howitzer; 10-29-2007 at 12:17 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I also enjoy licking the juice off the ballsacks of mature male goats.
    Last edited by Howitzer; 10-30-2007 at 02:49 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I can download the file from Filefront and open in up in WinAce, however, when I go to extract the two folders, it freezes up on me. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling all related programs but nothing works. I even tried using Winzip to open the file but for some reason Winzip doesn't keep the two "Interface" and "WTF" folders, it just has all the individual files all together.

Any ideas on what's going on? Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it to work with WinRAR.
    Last edited by Ashylarry; 10-31-2007 at 07:18 PM.

Sorry to keep posting, but once I replace my Interface and WTF folders with yours, should my UI automatically look like the one you posted in the UI thread? I use 1680x1050.

I ask because once I did that, I logged in and it looked all your addons loaded, but there were all over the place on my screen and not in the same locations in your screenshot.

Thanks.

You have to rename the folders to your server, your account name, and character name for the WTF folder or it won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Howitzer View Post
    You have to rename the folders to your server, your account name, and character name for the WTF folder or it won't work.
    I'm pretty sure I did that. May have missed one of the folders. I'll give it a try again tonight. Thanks for posting this by the way, seems like it will streamline my UI considerably.

whenever i log on it tells me im missing stuff in the SkinMe directory dealy >.>

OK, I finally got it working and I love it, but I have two questions:

1) Is there anyway to make my character screen (what appears when I hit "c") and the quest box a little larger without affecting the size of anything else?

2) My target and target's target health bars don't have a graphic showing their health depleting gradually. It will show the damage done on their health bar, but there is no graphical representation of their health decreasing. Is there any way to fix this? Granted I am new to AGUF but I think I've gone through all of the available options and I just can't find it.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Ashylarry; 11-10-2007 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Etspiritus View Post
    whenever i log on it tells me im missing stuff in the SkinMe directory dealy >.>
    I'm also getting that issue