Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Recruitment Information
06-21-2007, 09:02 PM #1
Fusion is always on the lookout for top notch players, so even if your class is not listed as a current need, don't hesitate to submit an application.
All hybrids should have experience with an offspec, gear not important.
We expect all members to meet our minimum requirements. Our requirements are strict to match the difficulty of the content that we do. If we recruited people who did not meet all our requirements we would not be where we are today.
* Stable internet connection and a good computer. We need our members to have 99% uptime. That means you're not disconnecting during raids or having your computer dying. We need 25 people in a raid giving 100%, which means you need to be online. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A SOLID CONNECTION AND A GOOD COMPUTER DO NOT BOTHER APPLYING.
* Gear. You must have your gear fully gemmed and enchanted. Your gear tells us a lot about your knowledge of your class, your knowledge of general theorycraft, and your willingness to put a lot of effort into your character.
* Attendance. You must be able to give us a lifetime average of 90% attendance. That means you're missing on average one raid every two weeks. We run a tight roster and can't afford to recruit unreliable people. DO NOT APPLY IF YOU CAN'T COMMIT.
* Self-starter. You've read strategies, obtained consumables, and are ready to go every raid night. You will communicate with the other healers or dps classes to coordinate fight-specific strategies. You must have the desire to constantly improve your play. You must be able to take constructive criticism so that you can improve your play. We want people who are good, but who are always striving to be better.
* Dedication. You're here pretty much every raid night (see Raid Schedule and Attendance below.) If you have some weird life circumstances that may be interrupting your play time or will in the near future DON'T APPLY.
* Reliability. This fits hand in hand with dedication. We need to be able to rely on you to be there on the tough nights when we're trying to beat new content. We need to know you're not going to flake out and disappear for a week, or that you're going to leave an hour early from raids on a regular basis.
* Skill. You need to able to adapt to changing situations and go above and beyond the basic assignment asked of you. You need to be able to think for yourself so that you can do your assigned job as well as help others. Twitch and fast reaction times are needed for you to do the job that will be required of you.
* Personality. Fusion has a strong guild personality and you will need to fit in with us. This means that you can take a joke, have a good sense of humor, and can take criticism. Overly sensitive people will not fit in with us. You need to be able to take criticism when you make a mistake and you need to be able to let the criticism roll off without it stressing you out. Our raids are high energy environments.
Fusion's Behavior Requirements
We're not putting an age restriction on those joining, however we will not tolerate in-game drama. This goes for loot and disputes in general. The guild reputation is important, so remember....when you're playing with others, you represent us.
If you come from another server, we request that you give the name and guild you were with on the server. We know a lot of people on various servers so if you're running from a bad reputation, this is not the guild for you.
Good Team Player Attitude.
This goes without saying. Being a part of a hard working team is key to defeating end-game bosses and succeeding in general. Without a good attitude and ability to get along with others, you will not last long. We encourage our players to go out of their way to help others. On the same token, do not take advantage of guildmates and beg for equipment/money/tradeskill items. If you need help, just ask. We are here to help.
Desire To Be The Best.
This means that we're first and foremost dedicated to end-game raids. To be a part of this guild, you are expected to maintain 90%+ attendance. If you go weeks without participation, you will most likely be considered for removal to make room for others who want to join and participate. Bottom line: If you put in a lot of time helping others and the guild, the guild will put in the effort to help you.
The first step is to read about us. Make sure you have thoroughly read both this page and our About Fusion page. KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INTO. Do not waste our time by skipping over the vital information on this page. Do not waste our time by applying if you cannot commit to our requirements.
The second step is to submit an application. Fill out the application as completely as possible. Submitting an application full of one-line answers is a good way to get it deleted very quickly. By recruiting you we are making a commitment to you, which means we want to know as much as we possibly can about you. We will not commit to someone who we don't know enough about.
If we like your application WE will contact YOU. 95% OF APPLICATIONS ARE DENIED. DO NOT EXPECT A RESPONSE. If you're not contacted within 3-5 days you've probably been denied. If we do like your application and are considering recruiting you, we'll ask you to do a ventrilo interview. For this you will come and talk to us, usually 2-3 officers, for 15-45 minutes. For the interview we will usually go over some things from your application as well as making it CRYSTAL CLEAR what kind of commitment we expect from you.
Next, we will make a final decision whether to invite you or not. At this point, if you are accepted, you will be tagged and put at recruit status. You will stay at recruit status for as long as it takes for us to decide whether you will fit or not, usually 2-4 weeks. During this time we will pay very close attention to your attendance, your play on raids, and your personality. We sift through WWS reports with a fine toothed comb and a team of professional data analysts. Nothing slips by us.
We do not recruit for the bench. Anyone tagged is in a full-time raider spot.
Fusion uses a Loot Council system to decide who gets what. Attendance, previous loot, seniority, and other factors are used when making decisions about loot. The purpose of this system is to help the guild progress while rewarding people for being reliable, dedicated, and skilled. That said, there is always plenty to go around for everyone.
Raid Schedule and Attendance
Raid invites are started 15 minutes prior to raid start time. It is expected that anyone who can be on at invites start will be on. Our raid times are in EST. We raid from 7:30pm to 12:30am at the latest, with raids usually ending between 11:30pm and midnight. We raid five nights a week with Fridays and Saturdays being off nights.
We expect all of our members to have 90%+ attendance. This means that on average, members will miss about one raid every two weeks. This is due to our very tight roster and our desire to have very reliable players who we can expect to be there almost every night.
Officers: Dutchbaker, Prolifik, and Oark
Last edited by Prolifik; 12-03-2010 at 06:36 PM.